domingo, octubre 30, 2011

The Socratic Dilemma: Teaching v. Learning, The Eternal Struggle

The Socratic Dilemma: Teaching v. Learning, The Eternal Struggle:

My Photo"As week four of the first term concludes, I am left pondering the effect that my various teaching and learning practices have had on my students and on myself. I often struggle, as most lecturers do, with the idea that some of my students simply do not wish to be at university (or at least in my module) and nothing I do will affect their learning over the next twenty weeks. This year, thankfully, I am genuinely impressed by the level of dedication my students have shown. On the other hand, do all my tricks and tips actually help the learning process for my students? Do they even help the teaching process? Is it all just a lot of self-indulgent rubbish?"

'via Blog this'